Sunday, March 22, 2009

Yodeling Sheep..

Nikon D-200, 600mm, 1/690 second @ f/5.6 - ISO 800


I'll bet you did not know that Big Horn Sheep Yodel.
At least in this photo it looks like it.  I had been following these sheep for a while trying and waiting for that great shot.  The best shots came from the little ones.  Not often will I set up for a shot and have wild life walk into it.  Although many times I prepare for this.  This photo was the exception.  Several sheep walked past this ledge much higher than where I was.  I keep the camera position the same hoping one would stop and "pose" for me.  Not only did it pose it sang to me.  You have to appreciate Baahhh as a lyric.  Hey, I'll take any song if they will pose while singing.    The light was not the best.  It was late in the day.  It was all shadows.    I pushed the ISO so I could keep the low aperture.  The low depth of field helped by isolating the sheep from the busy rock behind it.    

No comments: