Friday, March 6, 2009

Assignment and FUN!...



A full day of driving.
My assignment in Vernal/Naples was important enough that I needed to be there today.  Though the time driving was more than the actual time investigating.  Pre-Construction homework reduces surprise costs during the construction period.  
The drives seem a little like dreams as I look continuously for something unusual or fun to photograph.  I've said this before, I have to be careful to always at the very least fulfill my responsibilities to my employer.  Travel for my business has blessed me with countless opportunities to take photo's.  Today was no exception.  
Wildlife photography is like a great big game of hide-and-seek.  Those walking on four legs or can fly, you hide.  I'll try and find you.  I would be rich if I had one penny for every beautiful animal I have passed.  Either walking or driving.   There out there.  Just a lot better at hide and seek.  Like the deer above, even when I find them the game turns to the game of peek-a-boo!  They peek I boo.  Sometimes I think I have a garlic necklace around my neck.  Or my Corey Feldman impression is working.  Maybe it's just my hat hair.  Whatever it is I don't give up easy.  The shot was taken with my D-200 and the 18-200mm lens.  The photograph accomplishes a couple of assignments.  Focal point and depth of field.  Hopefully the focal point is the eye of the deer.  I shot it wide open.  And at 200mm.  This allowed for a very short depth of field.  In fact if you look real close the focus point is just behind the eye...DANG IT.  It's like target shooting.  Can't always hit the bulls-eye!



This shot was taken with the D-200 also.  The focal length was 180mm.  F/stop was 8.5.  I converted to Black and white.  Increased the contrast slightly and crop about 10%.  The light in the clouds was spectacular.  HDR probably would not have worked because they were moving very fast and the exposure was slow.  My favorite black and white today.  




3 comments:

linds said...

It's funny how what a person wants to shoot finds them...kind of like your dear photo playing hide and seek. These animals happen to be traveling across your path and you happen to have your photo gear...
Love the B&W as always!!

Anonymous said...

This is so cool

Anonymous said...

very cool image