Monday, March 23, 2009

Abstract...last attempt




Can it get any weirder?  
I really like this photo.  I mean the un-photoshopped one.   It's one that anyone else besides me would look at it and say "what's the subject?"  But now it's an abstract it needs no subject.  
 It was shot in full daylight.  A little bit of a tough exposure considering the snow and shadows in the photo.  I exposed for the highlights (no little blinkers).   The temptation was to attempt an HDR process.  I passed on that mostly because I was hand holding. 
To get the abstract above I enhanced the color balance to the gold side.   Added some grain (not sure why).  Then the weird thing happened.  I sized the background wrong (WxH ratio was backwards).  Hey an idea!  Stretched the photo from a square format to an eight by thirteen.    Weird, different, deep six material, and as that mean judge (Simon?) on IDOL always says "it will be forgotten in five minutes".  That's Ok I learned a couple of things along the way.  If my full length portrait is ever captured I now know how to thin me out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The effect makes it look like a painting. Nice.
of