Saturday, March 14, 2009

Time, spring, and square foot gardening....




Another crazy day.
I planned my day around getting out and shooting the assignment-silhouettes.  
Then I looked at my calendar.  
9:00 a.m. - attend square foot gardening class ( kinda messes up the early morning shots).
11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m - plan, purchase and assemble planter boxes (I did get the parts).  Calendar was wrong (my Bad) the class was at noon. 
1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. - go see movie with my wife and son (as promised).
3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. - Hoping to get out before sundown (trying to finish planter boxes).
5:00 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. - Dinner ( a photographer must eat).
5:45 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. - Finish first planter box and clean up ( 4 hours to build a planter box?).

After finishing my study tonight for the class I teach tomorrow, here I sit.  The planned  photo excursion still dancing in my frontal lobe.  It's going to be hard to sleep tonight.  Today was gorgeous!  Tee shirt weather.  Spring is getting closer.  Gitty (spell check does not like this word), anxious, eager and down right  silly  is how I feel when I think about getting to higher ground with leaves on the trees.
The photo above was taken at Yellowstone Lake.  Shot with a 12-24 lens at 24mm.  Bracketed six increments of three stops.  Surprisingly the exposure I liked was only one stop below the meters best guess. Post shooting I brought it in through Camera Raw.  Raised the fill light slightly.  Increased the contrast just a "tich" (another bad word for spell check).  Dodged the small rocks along the waters edge.  And finally placed a subtle soft focus over all the photo.  I added the soft focus to add punch to the highlights.  
Even-though I did not get out I still had a few minutes playing.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds kind of like my day...didn't get out...hoping to try something tonight...

linds said...

I spent my whole morning editing photos, I wish I could go "shooting" but don't know really where to go. What do you think...where would be a good place to go?