Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Assignment #1 Focal point.....




I poured all the ingredients into this first attempt!
Focal point.  Almost an infinite way to create a photo to accomplish this.  My mind went wild.  As usual I went to simple.  Ten millimeter lens to distort the distance of the flower from the cameras film plane.  Depth of field was narrow to insure subject presence.  Shot wide open.  Last thing was in workflow.  Sharpened flower only.  And lowered exposure by about one full stop.  Then dodged back in the just the flower and some of the leaves just above the flower.  Next will be the attempt at something a little more difficult.  Hey it was still fun and took little time.  

1 comment:

linds said...

Dad, I REALLY love this one! Gorgeous, and I bet it's bugging mom that it's not in the center, hee, hee...