Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Archives....


Where was I on May 21, 2008?  
Watching a bear cub nap.  Is there a better thing to do?  I realized today I had a few photographs that I had not reviewed and graded for archiving.  Talk about day dreaming in color!  The photo above was taken with my 600mm lens at about 60 yards.  Mom was about 40 yards further.  The little guys are so active that it is pretty difficult to compose.  I remember the weather, odors and who was with me.  A great memory and a better photo to back up the memory.   The net is a very large number of shots.  About 40GB just with this adventure with mom and cubs.  It's very important that all your photo's are graded, archived and backed up.   Since the passing of my friend Preston nobody has been encouraging me to back up of my photo's.  This past weekend a hard drive with 1TB of storage was added to my existing TB.  I ordered another 1.5 TB today.  All this space is to take the externally loaded pictures and back them up internally.  Then I will add a large external to back all up and take off site.  I would dread turning the corner and seeing 15k of photo's going up in smoke.  Or to turn on my computer and have a blank blue screen.  This is currently occurring at work. Many have lost all the information on their drives.  I have committed to keep an extra copy of all my photo's away from my home.  Then I will always be able to view the cherished shots of my family, my grandsons, travel photo's and my extended family (those incredible wild life).  Make sure your doing the same.....

3 comments:

linds said...

I hear ya! I've been getting my photos in order as well, but I have nowhere to put them...my hard drive is full (I'm trying to go through it and ERASE). Do you have any extra HD's laying around...hee, hee hee :)

Anonymous said...

Hello. My wife and I bought our house about 6 months ago. It was a foreclosure and we were able to get a great deal on it. We also took advantage of the 8K tax credit so that definitely helped. We did an extensive remodeling job and now I want to refinance to cut the term to a 20 or 15 year loan. Does anyone know any good sites for mortgage information? Thanks!

Mike

Anonymous said...

bet on sports, bet football, foootball betting
bet online online sports betting betting online