Sunday, March 29, 2009

Winters Back.......

Just about when I thought winter was in it's last hours of nighttime ready for morning spring, back it comes!  Though the calendar shows spring is here, it will be a while...yet.  Green trees, naps on the grass and most importantly that incredible pine odor as I lay in the aged needles watching my favorite wild characters.  It's like...enough with the scenics, abstracts, and attempts to stall for that ultimate shot in the outdoors.  JUST KIDDING!  I do look forward to those times with the big game.  This has been a great year though.  Shooting different perspectives and subjects will do nothing but help with my photographic skills.  Since launching my web site last year I have committed to looking beyond the "norm".  Attempting new visual subjects and compositions.  The photo above was taken two weeks ago.   As you can see Jackson Lake is still frozen.  Winter is beautiful there, I do however, prefer spring, summer and fall. The Teton Park is at least a  two month's before the big game is frolicking in the open space.  I hope to get to the north entrance of Yellowstone before the park officially opens.   There has been many opportunity's up through Lamar Valley.  Stay with me and please leave comments on all the blogs you feel comfortable doing so.   I look to those comments for support and ways to improve.  

1 comment:

linds said...

What? I checked your blog yesterday and today and didn't see this post...wierd...
Anyway, Dad, I love this photo. I love grand sweeping vistas, especially if mountains are involved. I REALLY want to go practice getting some of these before we go to Yellowstone!! You are amazing dad, I want to learn everything you know!!