Friday, March 20, 2009

Bear Lake character..........






It's old, very old.
For 33 years one path I have beaten is a road around Bear Lake.  With a house there my family can call it home away from home.  The drive from Jackson/Afton Wyoming to home takes me past this place - Bear Lake.  The path driven today has been beaten for 33 plus years.  I probably could drive home from here with my eyes closed.  Today I had an awakening.  A stretch of road so familiar I usually check my eye lids for holes.  There it was standing like a Las Vegas mega sign.  This incredible house.  Did someone move this here since I was here?  For whatever reason I had to stop and record this beauty!  Incredible character.  Colors that seemed to be just painted on.  Aged perfectly!  I think I shot well over 500 frames.  Notice in the photograph above the mouse trails in the foreground.  Both shots required almost a full stop and a half under exposure.    The white on the house and the clouds created some highlights problems.  It turned out OK because it helped the colors POP.  The upper photograph required a a lot of depth of field.  It was shot at f/32.  The photo below was shot at f/8.  The exposures varied a little.    What a great time with this antique.  Was a fun end to a couple of black and white days.



1 comment:

linds said...

That is a cool house, I love it! Gorgeous photo, and I'm understanding the use of the EV button. It's too much to explain, what I used to think that it did....I'll tell you tomorrow.