Thursday, March 5, 2009

Come out and have a seat........

My travels today took me to the eastern edge of Utah.  Dinosaur Land!   This time of year there is little to see in the way of color.  Hours of fences, dry fields and strange old buildings.  The small one person building above is still functional.  It had all the niceties of a 5 star hotel potty.  A toilet seat, space to stand and turn around and a functional door.  Nothing like the great outdoors when in deep concentration (remember the "Thinker" statue?).  If someone is approaching to take advantage of this amenity, no need to knock.  They can easily see through the vertical ventilation of the Potty.  Or likewise the person looking out can comment on his or her position.  Genius don't you think?  
Almost to my destination the sky was keeping my attention.  An incredible cloud formation covered a big portion of the sky.  Never seen anything like it before.  A great desire to photograph the cloud and sky overwhelmed me.   Not much help from the landscape!  Eventually I dove from the truck when I noticed a few cat tales.  Cat tales in Vernal?  It's like a space heater store in downtown Phoenix.  This type of image can never replicate the actual live image.  The cat tail silhouette did the job of blocking that awful direct sun hotspot.
Traveling back a different route tomorrow.  Crossing my fingers that I come across more photo opportunities.  

2 comments:

linds said...

Awesome, as usual. I love the dramatic black and white, and, I know how you hate that muddy sunspot lighting...thank goodness for the cattail!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are an awesome photographer. You will be soooooo famous one day. Ask Kelly.