Thursday, May 14, 2009

Yipee!, Heyahh!, YEA!, It's all good....





What a difference a day can be!  Last night I made the presentation at Inkley's for their photo education week.  What a riot!  It was fun.  Great people.  All with the same passion as I.    Thanks to all of you for attending and also the many wonderful comments. 
This morning was a little bit of a nightmare.  As usual the sun crosses the sky and things find their place in life.  Stresses lessen and things always calm down.  Up night last night...down morning.....BUT!

TONIGHT!!!  Oh TONIGHT!!  
A very thoughtful individual at the presentation last night put me onto where I can photograph an Owl!  Barely slept last night.  Tonight after work I went to the location.  There I was greeted by a volunteer who picked me up in a golf cart took me to the PLACE!  In front of me was this beautiful Big Horn Owl.  Nesting no less.  The little white tuft just below the owl is two chicks.  What do you call baby Owls?  Chick?  Owelette's?  Little big eyes?  Maybe just wonderful little thing-a-ma-jiggers.  Thanks for the information so I could take photo's of a big horn owl, a life long dream.  The funny part was the gentleman that greeted me and was so kind says this Owl and her mate are there year round.  He kinda acted like he was going to McDonalds for lunch.  No big deal.  HUH?  Yikes where have I been?  The reality is, like I mentioned last night, is shoot often and good things will happen.  I shoot everyday!    Look what has happened. Guess where I'll be for the next.......................:)

3 comments:

linds said...

I love that first one, she's totally staring you down!! I'm glad you had fun, it's nice to be able to get away from it all!

Alea said...

Beautiful shots! That's great you got to fulfill that dream. Those are priceless!

Unknown said...

Right place at the right time. I am telling you put yourself out there and something great is bound to happen! I love these shots, what a beautiful bird. Those eyes stand out like crazy!