Saturday, May 2, 2009

I'm definitely grounded.....



Nikon D-3, 105 f/2.8 Macro lens, 1/40 sec @ f/10, ISO 200, Gitzo Tripod, Really Right Stuff B-55 Ball head


If you came across this cute little guy on a cold rainy day would you rescue him?  He was walking across my new garage floor and looked really down and groggy (you can see it in his eyes).  I was compelled to help.  I took him in my  hand and lifted him to the leaves of our peach tree.  As soon as he touched the leaf he began to drink the moisture off the leaf.   Before long he was himself again.  Click on the photo and look close.  He is thanking me for the life saving event of his day.  
My reward?  I'm grounded.  When sharing my heroics' with my wife she proclaimed "what if he stings our grand kids?".  Not this one.  He is my little friend.  
Lind's has shot with the 105 that I used for this photo.  It not only is a macro lens but a great portrait lens.  It is a VR lens with an aperture of f/2.8.    I love this lens.  When shooting macro shots it would be a waste of time to do so without a tripod.  To get sharp photo's the camera must be stable.   To see more about this lens look here.

4 comments:

linds said...

This photo is UN-BELIEVABLE!!! I love the detail, so, so AMAZING!!

Jim's Photo Blog said...

You just love me tooooo much

Unknown said...

Holy cow!!! I can see why you love that lens! I love the bokeh!!!

Alea said...

Incredible shot! Good save!