Saturday, May 30, 2009

Woodpecker....

My daughter and I were out last week at Bear Lake looking for wildlife to photograph.  Listening was the objective here.  For a great distance this woodpecker could be heard.  I am not sure what all the banging was about.  Looking for food?  Testing for a spot to make home?  Whatever the case this little guy has a head of steel.  And no brain.  How can he bang his head against the wood at a high rate and not get a headache.  It's all weird.   Another oddity of nature.  Somehow, somewhere people believe that we all came from a single ameba.  Cell splitting, a lot of evolution and then ....banging your head against hard wood.  Somewhere in that theory of evolution I get a little confused.  This winter and spring my camera has been aimed at birds.  A change for me to take such interest in the winged world.  This woodpecker was just another new adventure out there.  There's more waiting for all of us.  And endless supply.   Get out and shoot.    It's a blast!

1 comment:

linds said...

We had so much fun! Thanks for taking the time to teach me! Love you dad!