Saturday, May 9, 2009

Great Blue Heron Bokeh II

This is a second shot in a series.  The other shot I posted a couple of days ago of this Great Blue Heron just taking off.  This second shot I believe is better than the first. The Heron was flying across in front of me but was getting a little closer as he flew by.  As mentioned before this type of shot is easier to focus with the 600 mm manual focus lens.    Some day when my wife is not looking I will invest in the 600 mm autofocus.  Zoweeee!  That will be THEE day.  Anyway I like how the framing turned out with the waves of the water are just below the Heron.  The lighting coming directly from the left adds great dimension to the Heron.  
What do you think?
My first opportunity for a presentation is this Wednesday the 13th from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.  It is part of Inkley's Photo Education Week.   The classes and presentations are at the Salt Lake Inkley's located at 2150 South State.  

1 comment:

linds said...

Awesome dad, I love how the water is coming off of his feet!