Friday, January 23, 2009

Reflections..........

18-200mm lens at 120mm, 1/125 second @f/5.6, Aperture Priority

Is it art?.....
The bottom of the photograph sure looks like a water color painting. The natural growth above the water line is colorful.  But the reflection dominates the image.  Somehow the reflection though overpowering in the photograph is interesting.  Not much of a photograph compositionally.  To me just pleasing and serene.  In a discussion today it was expressed by myself that landscapes are difficult for me.  I can usually land the light correctly.  Great effort is made to not have my landscapes too busy.  The fewer the distractions in a photograph the better for me.  And what is the subject?  All questions that the one holding the camera created.  My subject here is the reflections.  

My personal assignment this week is to find color in these dreary cold days.  D.P. what is yours? It's OK I can handle two assignments.  Rules for me: Colors have to be natural,  or at least reflected in a natural way.  No man made objects.   


No comments: