Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Fun night....


Nikon D-3, 24-70mm f/2.8 lens - Shot at 24mm, 1/125 second @ f/22, -1.33 exposure comp, ISO 200
Digital Darkroom - nik COLOR Efex Pro 2.0 - Infrared Black and White

My daughter is going to kill me....
Tonight just before sunset I rushed to Antelope Island. It's only 35 minutes from my home.  Wildlife is prevalent there.  I have not had my eye to the camera for at least a week.  Withdrawal was prevented tonight.  It was beautiful!  Definitely was a Black and White scene.  The air was frigid.  Ice crystals formed on most plants due to the inversion.  Buffalo were abundant and the coyotes started their nightly serenade.  I really enjoyed the hour or so I had there.  The break definitely was needed.  I hope to back very early one morning and attempt to corral some morning shots and more QUIET!  

3 comments:

linds said...

EWWWW!!!! I AM mad!!! I was home changing poopy butts all night and you go take pictures without me!!! You're gonna have to do some serious stuff to make this one up mister!!!

Unknown said...

The infrared filter makes this picture feel as cold as it must have been...I was stoked to hear that you took that picture of "Big Ben" with a D40. I have been a little bummed that my camera isn't as nice as some I've seen. Just goes to show that you don't need the most expensive gear to take good photo's! Thanks...

Anonymous said...

It is fun to think that you've been at this for so long yet you remain so passionate. I remember chasing bald eagles with you in the winter to get only a glimpse as they flew away. No good photos.

OF