Thursday, August 27, 2009

Shoshone Falls

A lot of window time again today. Back in Twinn Falls late. I have never seen Shoshone Falls before. For years my travels in Idaho have included Twinn Falls City. Encouraged by Thomas on many occasion to see the falls, I rushed there just as the sun was setting. Checked exposures. Yikes nine stops! Lowered the EV two stops and shot nine frames .7 stop apart. A gentleman I was talking with mentioned that about fifteen minutes earlier the sun was shining down the canyon onto the falls. Sounds good but may have added even a wider dynamic range. Post I sharpened slightly, dodged all the water very slightly and framed. Hope to come back again and see the falls in the spring. Thomas says the volume of water going over is incredible.

1 comment:

linds said...

Dad. STUNNING, I love this! Waterfalls-gorgeous. Colors-gorgeous. Overall, awesome!