Saturday, August 1, 2009

Igausssu

Talking to friends today about Travel.  My daughter left for Austria today (her sixth trip there). Next year she is taking daddy (the photographer).  My promise is that We can have a meal together and say goodnight.  She plays the violin in an orchestra there.  Her trips are very memorable.  Playing in castles and cathedrals that some of the greatest composers have lived and played.  Music has been a big part of her life...it was her major in college.  Not mine.  My adult life has been spent in concerts.  Huge crowds listening to kids playing twinkle twinkle little star to full on Orchestras like the Utah Symphony.  Some nights I go to bed with the "Four Seasons"  buzzing around in my head.  It's no wonder rock music blasts in my car when I drive along.  Getting musical balance in my head.  
Don't get me wrong I like most classical pieces. 
 Anyway my deal with my daughter will be I spend the two weeks photographing all over Europe and watch one concert of her choice.   Sounds good!  
The conversations today took me back to Iguassu Falls in Brazil.  I remembered shots that  I wanted to convert to black and white.    The above is the first.  Standing on a platform at the base of the falls.  More time spent wiping drops from the lens than actually shooting.  The roar of the water was almost deafening.  But wow it was incredible!!!!   Thank you Silver Efex Pro!

3 comments:

Alea said...

Truly incredible! What were your settings on this one?

M. Drape said...

Great capture. I actually had the opportunity to live in the great city of Foz Do Iguacu for 8 months some 9 years ago. This picture brings back some great memories.

Mandy said...

Seriously?!!! You and Mom need to come see my home away from home!! I love these pictures Dad! :)