Sunday, August 30, 2009

Photo art (again)

My feeble attempt at being an artist (again).
Not to insult true artists, we do have a couple of things in common. We have a vision of a scene. The photographers is right in front of them. Another is that we produce something from our "scene". When my daughter and I stopped at the river that's in the photo above. I knew that the outcome was not going to be strictly a photo replication of the scene. The patterns colors and shapes made me wish I could draw or paint. Never happen. I can't even draw a straight line for work. Thank goodness for Topaz labs and their simple filters. I almost felt as if I was forcing a print out of a "normal" shot. But in the end it turned out as I envisioned it. May have been more dimensional if from my imagination. Oh well another chance to explore and stretch my study and vision.

3 comments:

Alea said...

This is wonderful. I dig the colors and texture.

Unknown said...

very very cool! Great capture, great treatment...and by the way, I did break out the manual the other night when I took that picture. I was trying to learn something for an upcoming assignment...just have to wait and see...

linds said...

Very cool dad, very cool!