Monday, November 10, 2008

Ten Years!!!!!!


What a wonderful surprise today to have my friends and associates at Maverik take me to lunch for my 10 year anniversary at Maverik.  Dan Murray the great "Pooh Bah" of the Real Estate Department organized the little get together.  I really appreciated it!  Today an individual asked me how many stores I have built in the last 10 years.  I honestly do not remember.  What I do remember is the good times....
  • Always observing the ongoing loss of Dan's memory (hee hee).  
  • The fair and supportive management style of Dan.
  • The always supportive nature of the Call Family (the owners).
  • Decent compensation (1/2 of Dan's)
  • Many hours on the road enjoying new scenery and environments.
  • Making a lot of new friends and learning from them (even the older ones..Kelly).
  • Laughing at myself (not  too much).
  • Laughing at others (often).
  • Photographing often!
  • Having a real time radar at my side (Penny).
  • Challenges, everyday but not insurmountable.
God has seen fit to allow me to have a wonerful job, great eyesight, reasonably good health, a somewhat positive outlook on life but most importantly a beautiful, loving and extremely supportive wife. 
I look forward to another 10 years of working then speeding off to the next photograph!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jim,
Congrats on 10 years! I don't think Maverik would be as strong as it is without you!

The blog looks great! Man you have the gift. I'm jealous. I'd love to see some of your older stuff, you know from the begining kinds of things.

T.J., Lindsay, Drew, and Cameron Stevens said...

Congrats dad!! Really, I was in high school? I feels like you've worked there longer than that. Drew and Cam say hi!