Thursday, December 4, 2008

The trumpet shall sound....

It's christmas time again.....MERRY CHRISTMAS!  AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Yes I said it.  Watch, read or listen to any news media at this incredible time of year and you may get discouraged.  To avoid some of the trash news I go to my "photo space".
Some of my free time is spent looking back at photograph's.  The photograph above reminds me of what it is all about.  Shout out to all that can hear!    The intensity of the elk's bugle is seen in his eyes.  Look close at his body.  His ribs and back bone are pronounced.  The previous several weeks he has eaten little and exerted an enormous amount of energy.   A genetic drive to procreate?  A simple and profound goal of each adult elk.  Little else matters for this period of time.  Some refer to this time as the "rut".   A "rut" to defend his cause at all odds - even to death.  For two days I was privileged to witness his endurance defending his cause.
I am fortunate to live in a free country with freedom of speech.  I am grateful to be able to believe what I believe.  What others express has no affect long term in my life.   Because like the aria from Handel's "Messiah",  my lyric and song is "The Trumpet shall sound".

1 comment:

linds said...

I love your interpretation of life through the lense. You are so very talented! luv luv