Sunday, December 14, 2008

How do you see it?........


The world looks different to all of us.
Why do eagles fly when approached by two legged creatures.  It does not matter that they are at the top branch of the tallest tree.  Eagle eye has new meaning when attempting to photographing an eagle.  They see you long before you can get that one and only-unique photograph of them.  It goes beyond what they see.  It goes more to how they see it?  My life would have some interesting days if I had eyes like a chameleon.   No more talking behind by back!  Eagles see us as danger, a problem or maybe predator?   Hey I just want a picture like non other.  
Then there is big horn sheep.  Approach a little stand still a while.  Approach a little more stand even longer.  As long as I did not make quick moves and stood for long periods before approaching this guy he only watched me.  As soon as I was within 75 yards he would move away.  It was as though he had a built in digital measuring device.  Ok! so eagles and  big horn sheep have acute eyesight.  Both can see animals up to a mile away.   It must come down to each individuals self confidence.  Have you seen how the big horn fight?   At full forward speed they ram each other!  Eagles...well they turn over in-flight to show talons to the opposer.  Actually are they fighting?  Do eagles fight each other?  Look close at sheep's eye.  What does he see? He sees you (or in this case me).   And what is that?
Every other Sunday I teach 14 year going on 16 year old youth.  Today we talked about Faith, Charity and Hope.  Looking at each one of them I see individuals.  They were dressed differently.  Each unique in every way.   I see boys and girls, dresses and suits, long hair and short hair.  Who are they?  How they see the world will ultimately direct how things will go for each of them.  We also talked about being tested.  Not like math or science.  More like bad health, emotional problems or relationship issues.   For a few minutes today I hoped that they each would consider the benefits of humility.  That they may enjoy the rewards of charity.  And that they can experience hope.  Unlike eagles and big horn sheep they have more.   A lot more.  
They can choose to ram(defend) their beliefs and/or ideals.  Or they can fly away in fear.  
They will decide.  Their fate is in each of their own hands.  Hopefully they stopped and considered the good things of the message today.  I pray so.  

3 comments:

linds said...

Great post Dad! I love your insights :)

Unknown said...

Great shot, great thoughts...

Anonymous said...

Damn....You're still a great photographer. I still have an old pic of yours in my office. Great stuff. Haven't heard much of you for many years.

An Old Friend,
-V