Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The many FACES.......

"If I knew earlier how fun grandkids are I would have had them first"   A famous quote by my father-in-law.   Boy was he right.  Above are three examples of the most animated young man I have ever known.  He is the smartest, cutest, most intelligent.....Ok I am the proud grandfather!  If only we could see the world through the eyes of a child.  (Many people tell me I have that ability.  I think that is the intent when my peers at work tell me I act like a much younger man at times.  I insist on this being a compliment.)  He loves his PAPPA!  Look into his eyes.  He is waving to the photographer with the long lens that he has seen many times.   The guy he knows very well and loves to get at ground level with him and play trucks.  His PAPPA (when not photographing) is the best at truck noises.  Why not?  Papa makes all kinds of noises.  (Some not approved by GRAMMY and MOMMY.)  Can a little child bring great joy?  Absolutely.  I find myself daydreaming about the time I was teasing him about something and he responded to me "You are crazy PAPPA".  Or the time he and I made up story's revolving around the "Cars" characters.  But most of all when he smiles his eyes turn to half moons.  When I say who does PAPPA love he responds with his first name.  He always is the peace maker.  "Dad we don't say that word" is repeated often.  Grammy and Pappa love our two grandchildren.  I can't wait for the next time he runs to my arms yelling PAPPA!

2 comments:

linds said...

Your welcome, he's ALL me isn't he. Man, his momma must be AWESOME!!

Pillow Talk & Pixie Dust! said...

Hey Jim! Robyn Wray Bleazard....Your work is fabulous and your words are wonderful to read. Grandparenthood (sp?) is the most rewarding thing out there. I agree...should have had them first! I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed looking at your blog, your pictures etc. Are you living in AZ now? Which "Prescott" are you referring to? Anyway, thanks for sharing the great work you do. Regards, Robyn "Wray" Bleazard :)